- ½ cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sweetener (Splenda)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or caramel extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add sweetener and water over medium-high heat whisking until sweetener is dissolved.
- Once mixture reaches a boil, only whisk every so often and watch closely until it reaches brown, amber-color (~8-12 minutes). Once reaching desired color, immediately add butter and whisk until melted and then immediately remove from heat.
- Slowly and carefully add in cream and whisk to combine until evenly combined.
- Add extract and salt, to taste.
- Transfer caramel to glass or heat-safe container until cooled. Once completely cool, store covered in refrigerator (sauce will thicken while cooling and refrigerating).
Serving size: 2 tablespoons (Total recipe makes about 16 servings or 2 cups)
- Protein 0.38g,
- Cals 102,
- Fat 11.13g,
- Carbs 0.47g,
- Fiber 0.00g
- NET CARBS: 0.47g
This recipe was tried and saved by Kirstie